How to Add humanID’s Discord Bot to
Your Discord Server
By Mohammad Halim
November 2, 2022
At humanID, our user’s privacy is our top priority. So, we like to use not only the fastest and most efficient methods of logging in to your account but also the safest. That is why our method of logging in involves using your phone number followed by a passcode. Your phone number is deleted from our system right after logging in to ensure users that their privacy is safe. Hackers using any platform with humanID software will not have access to their information.
Discord is a growing community allowing users to connect. It is quick, easy, and efficient. Users have the ability to communicate with each other through text messages, but they also can easily switch the communication to voice and video chat with a click of a button. One of the other amazing features of Discord is the amount of control each user has within a channel (or a group chat). Users can switch channels at ease and set moderators (people who can control the chat). With a growing community, humanID can assure privacy for each user. Here is how to add humanID’s Discord bot to your server.
Adding the Bot to Your Server
- Whichever channel (or group chat) you are using, you must be the owner of the channel. This is also known as the Administrator. You can be the owner of a channel by creating one yourself. If you are not the owner of the channel, you can ask the owner to do so, and grant you administrator privileges.
- Once you are the owner of the channel or server, click the “Add to Server” button at the top of the page. This link will take you to the Discord website. Please ensure that you are using the correct Discord account.
- Click the “Authorize” button in the bottom right corner. An image will pop up.
- Under “Add to Server:” click on the arrow
5. Click on the server you would like the bot to join.
6. Click “Continue” and select the commands you would like to bot to do. It is recommended that you keep “Read messages”, “Send Messages” and “Embed Links” to allow the bot to work.)
How to Add humanID’s Discord Bot to Specific Discord Channels
- On the Discord website on the left-hand side, select which Discord channel you would like the bot to be in.
- Once you click on your channel, on the next column, click on the text channel for bot to be in. Text channels are marked with a #.
3. Click on the gear icon, then click “Permissions” underneath “Overview”
4. Click the “Add members and roles” button and a popup will appear.
5. Click the textbox that says, “e.g. Moderators, @wumpus” and type in “Chat Bot”.
6. Under “MEMBERS” click on “Chat Bot”
7. Finally, click “Done” at the bottom right corner, and your bot will be added to your channel.
With the humanID Discord bot, your Discord servers are protected from duplicate accounts, raids, and abusive users by using a more secure method of authentication. humanID guarantees that our Discord authentication bot is anti-spam, anti-raid, and anti-bot to prioritize online communities. We never harvest personal information.